Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Hardest, but Most Important Thing I've Ever Done

Twenty-four years ago today (in exactly one hour) at 4:54 p.m. I became a mother. I was advised by several doctors to abort. "You're not physically able to carry a baby to term and certainly cannot have one naturally." I cannot tell you how many times I heard that and when I insisted then they went to the "with your disability, and your back the way it is you won't be able to carry it from the couch to the crib! " I just told them "I'll get a baby bed or playpen and put it next to my couch! " So I did! She was 4 1/2 weeks early and weighed 4 lbs. 3 1/2 ounces and she was perfect! She was a little hellion and almost drove me insane, but I did it and did a pretty good job! She's my sun and moon and all the stars in between, my Courtney Rae and I love her with every part of my heart and soul! Now.....she did some hilariously funny stuff when she was little. She would show up on the neighbor's porch and say "I come to eat, I brung my fork. " and they would let her in and feed her! (I knew where she was) She would almost never take a nap and sometimes I would fall asleep and one time when I woke up, she was in the middle of my kitchen table nekkid....covered in crisco! I couldn't hardly get a hold of her she was so slippery! She was a constant source of hilarity. Now in just a few minutes she'll be 24. I am proud of her and myself (a little) because I couldn't ask for a better woman to call "daughter "!!! I love you Babygirl!!

2 comments:

  1. Disability is not the right word for you because it implies you can't do something, We all know that is not true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you, Curt! I just now saw this! I didn't know how to find the comments!

    ReplyDelete