Saturday, May 31, 2014

Another Year

So three days ago was my birthday. I turned 46. I was looking back on my life and some of the things I have gone through, surgeries, sickness, scoliosis, abuse, childbirth, motherhood, sisterhood, you name it I have been through it. I was thinking about how strong everyone thinks I am and how nice everyone says that I am and thinking about how awful I used to be when I was younger. I was a terrible daughter, a terrible wife, a terrible mother, a most awful friend and an even worse sister. I was mean. I try now to be a good person, to make up for all the ugliness that I used to be made up of and sometimes I do great, sometimes I fall short. I was going to write a long emotional blah blah blah, but I decided to tell you guys a story about a war I had with our neighbor, George. It will give you an idea of how mean I was when I was younger. So George didn't like me and I certainly did not like him. He would come over when his wife was alive and bring cookies she had baked for me and my sister and tell my sister they were for her but if she wanted to share with me she could but she didn't have to. He would turn the hose on me when I was trying to lay out in the sun. Then he started throwing rotten vegetables in our yard, cigarette butts, rotten meat, you name it. Well then he got some wind chimes and hung them over where they would irritate me because they were right outside my window. I kept getting madder and madder because they were really big and loud. I got to thinking, hey daddy hoards toilet paper, so my sister and I got a roll each and we went out and stuffed each chime on his wind chimes all the way full of toilet paper, taking a stick and poking it up in there real good. They quit ringing after that and he would come out and look at the chimes, I would watch from my window and when he would look up at me I would smirk. He never did figure out what we did lol. I also took the rotten food and threw it in his back door and the cigarette butts and duct taped them to his car, let the air out of his tires so he thought they had leaks, and just generally tormented him. He was awful.....but I didn't have to be that way. I chose to be that way. Today I try to be nice to everyone and help everyone in any way it is possible for me to help. I try not to be hateful or say mean things I will have to apologize for, not necessarily because I am a better person, but I really hate to apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment