Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothering Part 2

When I met my fiancé, Barry, I had no idea I would gain another mother. Barry told me when I was going to meet his mother for the first time that she was going to think I was the girl who was stealing her son away from her. Lol you have to know Barry's mom, Norma, to know how funny that is and how not true. When she answered the door, she put her arms around me and hugged me tight and that was that, I had another mother. When we go to visit, she always makes me potato patties and pineapple casserole. She is so good to me. I am not just blessed with my mother, but with Barry's mother too, and let me tell you she raised a good man. She is the sweetest, smartest, most kindhearted woman. I have never felt so accepted and loved by someone outside of my family as I have with Barry's mother. She is intelligent but doesn't flaunt it and she treats me like I am her daughter so when I met Barry I gained a whole other family. How many women do you hear complaining about their in-laws and getting in fights with them? Not me, not Norma. I wish we could be with my mom and Norma today but we can't so I hope they are having a great day. I love you, Norma!! Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment