Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothering Part 1

Today is Mother's Day and I am blessed to still have my mother with me. When I was growing up we fought like cats and dogs and I was terrible as a teen. I don't want to think about all the horrible things I have said to my mother in my lifetime. I had no idea how much she loved me, or how much she did for me and put up with from me, until I had a beautiful daughter of my very own. I don't know what I would do without my sweet daughter Courtney. She has grown into a beautiful, strong, intelligent, kind hearted woman that I am so very proud of and blessed to have in my life. I remember how Momma used to get me up after she made us go to bed and let me watch 30 minutes of tv with her when daddy was on nights. I can't convey into words how special my mother has always made me feel. She thinks I am a writer, a purveyor of words, a poet, intelligent, pretty, witty and funny but really she is all of those things and more. My mother is beauty. She is smart, and hilarious, she is a writer, a poet, a songstress (I can't carry a tune in a bucket with a lid on top)she is witty and most of all she is mine. God chose her for me because we belong together. I imagine it was frightening to be handed a severely disabled child and not have a clue what to do, and though she thinks she didn't do so well, she did a wonderful job. I love my mother with every fiber of my being. Who I am today was shaped by all the fun and silly things, all the touching and special things, all the creative ways she made my sister and I feel special and loved are what made me who I am and for that I am so very grateful. I love you, mommie. Happy Mother's day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment